Tuesday, October 14, 2008

KeyHole Video Fight Night

Welcome all to the first of hopefully many weekly video fight nights pitting the best of the worst that the 80's had to offer in videos. This was a time when many rockers pitted their careers on one great video. We would like to offer you the worst that the 80's had to offer. These video's offered poor performances, shoddy workmanship, and well lets face it just plan uglyness. Each week we will offer you two video gems for you to vote on well lets get ready to rumble

DING DING!
Corner #1 offers a wonderful production straight from the mid 80's that ruined a rockers career and sent the gay nation into jubulation. This was a hard rockin guy who somehow got the advice to do this video that many in the wavelength might rank as the worst video of all-time however we want you to decide it is none other then Billy Squire with Rock Me Tonight

Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonight


Corner #2 offers a relative newcomer who I personally have grown to hate this band this a group of pirates that are not fit to even play a high school gym little lone a concert hall however they somehow find a way to open for every third rate 80's rocker band that comes to town with that I give you SHADOW with Intoxicated and you better be to enjoy this fine piece of video (pass the jack)

4 comments:

RETTJ16 said...

Man this is a hard one to pick. I have to say Billy Squire couldn't be any uglier but I love his sweet dance moves and watching him awaken in the nude reminds me of myself in the mornings. on the other hand, shadow looks like a bunch of middle aged guys in 3 sizes too small leather pants. I guarantee they play in our softball league. I think the lead singer works graveyard at Stockmans bar as well. My vote is going to have to go with Shadow because it's always better to be a has been than a never has been.

THE WAVE LENGTH said...

Man Roger I must say this was a very difficault decision for me personally. You know my great appreciation for ugly shit so I will break down my decision. On one hand you have the power and the grace of Billy Squire. I know that the drug choice of the 80s was coke but there is no amount available to make someone look that bad in only 3 minutes. It was also earthshattering for me to find out John Connors must have owned a copy of this video because their dance moves are eerily the same. Shadow on the other hand is just as ugly as watching people bowl in rose park. I really cant believe these guys get gigs I mean what the hell. I wouldnt stay and watch them play the outlaw. However due to the fact that Billy Squire was actually a somebody at one time and that a video like that could dig the grave, buy the casket, and kill him and his career at the same time only to have enough humiliation to buy the final nail to be driven into the coffin. My vote is for Billy.

Jeff

J.R.G. said...

i defer to the king of all things ugly - mister rettj16. My vote is for Shadow.

sterlingandbrandi said...

I side with Jeff, those dance moves were far to similar to some I have seen pulled off by Connors, I also think that Jason voted for Shadow because he was trying to be inconspicous to the fact that he also pirated several of of Billy's moves for his off broadway semi-smash production of BOOTY PUMP! My vote is for Billy hands down!!!!!!